Hosting a Sport Bowling league
- Register the league (see League Registration above)
- The league must take tapes on one lane (22' and 2' before the end of the pattern) and send/fax to us every week.
1. We prefer that the league send us graphs if access to the reader is available. This allows the center to know the conditions are compliant before bowling. If a reader is not available (or if broken), the center/association can send us tapes and we will read the tapes for them.
2. Sending the tapes or graphs every week is mandatory. This allows us to monitor the lane conditions and warn the center if the conditions need adjustment.
Sport Bowling membership is an upgrade of standard USBC membership and is available on standard USBC membership applications.
- Adults membership is $15
- Youth membership is $10
(Collegiate members and Junior Gold members receive Sport Bowling membership as at no charge as part of their respective memberships.)
It only takes a few minutes to get a center certified. This can be done by a USBC local association member or by someone at the center.
- Register your center here
- Oil one pair of lanes with a Sport Bowling compliant pattern.
Take tapes (22' and 2' before end of the pattern) and graphs on those two lanes and fax or e-mail graphs to 817-385-8262 attn. Sport Bowling or email@example.com
. Tapes are mailed to USBC Headquarters, Attn. Sport Bowling, 621 Six Flags Dr., Arlington, TX 76011. Please make sure to include center name, date bowled, contact person and phone number. (Note: This only needs to be done the first year you register your center.)
This very simple process can be done by either a USBC local association member or by someone at the center.
- Go on the Sport Bowling section of bowl.com and register the league (takes about 2-3 minutes).
- Click on the "League Registration" link.
The Sport Bowling section of bowl.com has many Sport Bowling compliant oil patterns available for proprietors to choose from including the twelve Team USA League patterns. They can be accessed the following way:
- Go to the Sport bowling section of bowl.com
- Click on "Oil Patterns.
- Click on either: "Log in Here for Lane Machine Downloads" or "Click Here for all other sport patterns."
- Once into these sections, the center needs to choose from the 2.0:1, 2.5:1 or 3:1 ratio selections.
There are several different patterns for each machine type and ratio for centers to choose from. Please understand these patterns are not guaranteed to be Sport compliant. The way an oiling machine is maintained, different kinds of oils and topography of the lanes can impact the oil pattern. They should be tested before use in certified league or tournament.
Uploading High Games/Series/Average to Sport Bowling section of bowl.com
In order for a bowler's information to be posted on the Sport Bowling section of bowl.com in our high average/series/game section, the league must upload the information thru Treasure Software's Perfect Secretary or CDE's BLS program. It is a very simple process to upload the league to our Web site.