The Wichita State men and women came away with the sweep of the titles at the 12th annual Leatherneck Classic presented by the Quad Cities Sports Commission over the weekend.
The Shockers men defeated Robert Morris-Illinois in the championship match to take the title. Wichita State defeated Wisconsin-Whitewater in the semifinals, while Robert Morris-Illinois took down Lindenwood.
In the women's bracket, Wichita State defeated Ashford in the title match. Ashford had advanced to bowl for the title by defeating Robert Morris-Illinois in the semifinals, while the Shockers defeated McKendree.
Lindenwood's Cody Clayton fired a perfect game and a 299 en route to leading the men's individual standings with a six-game total of 1,527. His teammate, Jeremy Zimmerly, also shot a 300 and finished second with 1,477. Webber International's Kristijonas Sergejevas was third with 1,474.
Wichita State's Dasha Kovalova took the women's individual honors with a six-game total of 1,301. Webber International's Katie Thornton was second with 1,284, while Webber's Daria Pajak was third with 1,281.
In other USBC Collegiate action over the weekend:
- NCAA: At the Crusader Classic, Central Missouri defeated Arkansas State to take the title, while Nebraska placed third.
- The West Texas A&M men and women rolled to easy wins at the Southwest Intercollegiate Bowling Conference's second meet of the season.
- The Urbana men and Notre Dame-Ohio women came away with victories at the Raider Classic Collegiate Tournament.
- At the Hornet Classic, Sam Houston State finished with the top record, going 5-0, while Alabama-Birmingham went 4-1 in matches.
- NCAA: Fairleigh Dickinson finished with the highest pinfall to top the field at the Northeast Conference's first meet of the season.
- NCAA: At the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference's first meets of the season, Norfolk State went 6-2 to lead the south division, while Maryland Eastern Shore posted a 9-1 record to top the north division.
- The Rochester Tech men easily took the title at the Penn State Classic.
For complete results, click here.