The Midland men and women traveled out west to pick up victories at the Roto Grip Rebel Classic at The Orleans in Las Vegas over the weekend.
Midland took a narrow win over Fresno State in the men's division, finishing with a total pinfall of 13,053. Fresno State finished second with 12,926 with West Texas A&M taking third with 12,655.
The women's division was a different story as Midland claimed a more than 500-pin win with a total of 12,046. Fresno State took second with 11,510, while West Texas A&M was third with 11,488.
In the men's individual rankings, Perry Crowell of Midland took top honors with a seven-game tally of 1,658. West Texas A&M's Seth Ruthedge was second with 1,554, while Kiel Jordan of Fresno State was third with 1,540.
Midland's Jordan Knowles topped the women's individual standings with a seven-game total of 1,513. Fresno State's Talia St. Angelo was second with 1,484, while Midland's Courtney Couch was third with 1,479.
In the Sin City Open, a separate event leading up to the Rebel Classic, the Midland men and Fresno State women claimed the top spots.
In other USBC Collegiate action over the weekend:
- NCAA: Maryland Eastern Shore defeated Vanderbilt, 4-1, to win the Kutztown Invitational. For more on that event, click here.
- NCAA: Fayetteville State went 14-1, while Bowie State went 12-3 to put up the best records for the weekend at the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association meet.
- The Pikeville men and women rolled to a sweep of the titles at the Bulldog Classic.
- At the Blue and Orange, the Schenectady men and women finished ahead of the rest of the field to take the top spots.
- The McKendree men defeated Illinois twice in the double-elimination bracket to win the title, while Lindenwood knocked off McKendree twice to win the women's title at the Lion's Classic.
- At the V-Hawk Invitational, the Viterbo men and women swept their way to the titles.
- The Suffolk men and Briarcliffe women topped the Westchester Invitational.
- The Morehead State men defeated Notre Dame-Ohio in the bracket final, while Notre Dame-Ohio knocked off Wright State to win the women's bracket at the Buckeye Baker Classic.
For complete results, click here.