USBC COACHING CERTIFICATION – LEVEL I
In any sport, a coach needs to have a solid foundation of knowledge.
The USBC Coaching Level I program covers fundamentals that apply to youth and adults. It includes topics such as:
- Roles and responsibilities of a coach
- Progression of skills from two-handed delivery to the basic four-step approach
- Sport safety
- Maintaining a positive teaching approach and environment
- Adding fun to your youth program
- An overview of programs and opportunities
- At least 13 years of age
- Approved through the Registered Volunteer Program if a United States citizen 18 years of age or older. For more information on RVP, click here.
Fee: Fee to take the online test is $49.
Please note: It is important to read and understand all the materials before taking the Level I online test. Users will be given two attempts to pass the test; additional attempts will require a $5 retest fee. If you are a United States citizen 18 years of age or older, you will not receive access to the test until you have been approved through the Registered Volunteer Program (RVP). Once you successfully complete the test, you will receive your certification and be eligible for many benefits as a certified coach.
Click here to access the Level I presentation. Information on how to register and purchase the test is available at the conclusion of the presentation. If you would like to print a pdf script of the presentation, click here.