ARLINGTON, Texas - The introduction of the VIP program at the United States Bowling Congress Open Championships in 2012 was a memorable success, and the opportunity to be a VIP again will be available when the tournament heads to Reno, Nev., in 2013.
More than 250 bowlers signed up to be VIPs during the program's inaugural year in Baton Rouge, La., and their feedback influenced some enhancements for the upcoming tournament. There also will be a VIP program at the USBC Women's Championships in 2013.
Each VIP package includes several gifts, discounts and other features combined into one great deal geared toward the bowlers at each tournament. VIP memberships for the Open and Women's Championships can be purchased exclusively on BOWL.com for just $229.95.
"The VIP program was very well-received and sold out last year, and in 2013, it will have more features, benefits and value for our bowlers," said Brian Lewis, USBC's Managing Director of Tournaments. "We're also looking forward to the addition of an exciting VIP package for participants heading to the Women's Championships across town."
Here's a look at the components of the VIP packages available for the 2013 Open and Women's Championships:
* VIP polo shirt
* VIP lanyard and credential
* One-hour coaching session on the 900 Global Showcase Lanes, which will feature the tournament lane conditions
* VIP Welcome/Express tournament check-in
* VIP photo package
* Complimentary locker
* Express weigh-in (Open Championships only)
* Wine-tasting package (Women's Championships only)
* Complimentary seating at USBC-televised events
* Discount at on-site USBC SportStore
* Bowling Ball Express discount
* VIP venue tour
* Bonus: $25 food and $25 beverage credit at Eldorado, Circus Circus or Silver Legacy (hotel stay required)
The VIP packages do not include entry fees for the events. And because certain portions of the program must be scheduled, bowlers are required to purchase their VIP memberships at least 30 days prior to their dates of competition in Reno.
Registration is open now.
To get complete details or become a VIP, visit BOWL.com/VIP, or call 800-514-2695, ext. 8418.